When attending any outdoor tournament, I am always prepared for the unexpected. I have a separate sports bag with all the things I may need for a tournament and take it with me every time. I don’t want to be stuck between a rock and a hard place during a tournament and know that I could have done something if only I remembered to bring something. My bag is packed with tools and spare parts, protective gear for my equipment and protective clothing for me.
“You can’t plan when unexpected will happen but you can plan for IF the unexpected occurs”.
Important things to remember are
- Any jacket you wear while shooting should not
- be too loose to interfere with your bow arm and get in the away of the string and
- you are able to move your shoulder so you can draw back your bow string
- A warm hat or headband is good to stay as warm and dry while shooting
- A extra pair of socks can really change your tournament experience
- Make sure you have a couple of spare parts and some tools
- Screws, knocks and other small parts can break or fall off your bow easily
- Duct Tape can fix a lot of stuff on the fly.
- Safety pins are great to fix clothing
- A plastic bag or an umbrella to cover the bow so it doesn’t get wet in the rain
- A big tarp and some string can make a simple tent to protect your equipment.
If you don’t plan for the “what if” then it can really make life hard for you. For a good list of things to bring with you, check out my What to bring to an Archery Tournament page.
hello I was luck to come cross your subject in bing
your topic is excellent
I obtain much in your Topics really thank your very much
btw the theme of you site is really impressive
where can find it
Thank you very much. I hope you visit often and subscribe to my site. Please let your friends know so they can visit too.
The theme is Connections by Patricia Müller available on WordPress. I have incorporated my own pictures to personalized it.