To ensure your arrows snugly connect to your bowstring you may need to add a nock serving using regular dental floss.
Items you need
- Package of dental floss (approximately 2-3 meters)
- One arrow with a nock
- Your bow strung together
3. Using your arrow, check the nock fit, if the fit is still loose back-wind the dental floss to create another layer to increase the diameter of the serving on the bowstring, and check the fit again. Repeat the process as necessary.
4. Once the desired diameter is reached, lay the end of dental floss back over the nock slit and wrap around the top of the nock a couple of times.
5. Next, tie off the end using a back wound loop. Start by using the same end, create a large loop approximately 6-8 inches and wrap the end of the dental floss around the bowstring back inside the loop a several times.
6. Lay the end of the dental floss out over the nock and using the loop, wind the dental floss around the bowstring tightly at to the top of the nock until only a small loop remains.
7. Using a pen or another small point object to maintain the tension, pull on the end of the dental floss until the loop is gone and the serving is tight.
8. Finally, cut off all loose ends of the floss.